i was in remission for 6 months. Then in November 2007, my blood test for cancer markers went up to 25. So in December 2007, I had a PET scan, CAT scan and an MRI. The tests showed two new tumors, one in a very bad place. It was 4cm. It was in a lymph node located between my lower vina cava my lower aorta.
My blood count was up to 134. (it should be less than 30) I looked to my doctor for the next step. He was very gentle, but basically told me that i would have to take chemo for the rest of my life. (However long that would be.) In addition, the chemo would not ever get rid of the cancer. The best we could hope for would be to keep it at bay for a while, and when one form of poison (chemo) stopped working, we would find another way to put poison into my body.
He compared it with Diabetes. However, with diabetes, the medication you take attempts to restore the bodies balance, not destroy it. With Chemo, not only does your hair fall out, but everything in your body that contains fast growing cells is destroyed. Including viral organs, like your liver and kidneys. The ugly little secret is that people are not dying from cancer, they are dying from liver, kidney, heart, or lung failure. They are catching some minor infection that their bodies can't handle because their immune systems are so badly compromised by the chemo destroying their white blood cells. Ask your doctor, and he will confirm this. But Chemo does kill cancer cells too. Well, so does ginger, cummin, and turmeric. (See University of Michigan study 2002)
I began searching the web for answers. Initially, the answers I found were bleak. About 70 percent of patients who had reoccurring ovarian cancer were alive 5 years later. The patients who took chemo lived an average on 3 or 4 months longer than the patients who didn't.
I made my will, visited my family and tried to decide how I would pursue treatment. I prayed for guidance. Should I accept my fate gracefully, or should i fight it? i feel that God wants me on earth for now, and funny thing happened to me on the way to my funeral, I met cancer survivors, and began to listen to their stories. Most of them either had not gone the chemo route, or had used chemo until it was no longer effective, and were left to go home and die. One breast cancer survivor of over 20 years said that after her surgery, the doctor wished her good luck, and never saw her again.
A man I met at the Wellness center told how he had been given a 1% chance to live seven years ago. (This was after he had had endless rounds of Chemo.) It was at that time I stopped eating meat. and in January 2008, I decided against chemo therapy. My neuropathy was so bad, i was just learning to function. I was afraid I would not be able to walk if i took chemo with more nerve damage.
I started reading about studies survivors, I took charge of my own treatment. Many many people prayed for me. I decided a world become a vegetarian--a Vegan. (Meat, and milk have all kinds of growth hormones, plus there is so much acid that the body cannot handle while it is fighting cancer. My doctor gave me a prescription for tamoxifen. I stopped eating meat. My blood count went down from 134 to 114 in three weeks. I was on a roll. I thanked God for the guidance, and asked for and got prayers from people I did and didn't know. I took this time to reaffirm my spiritually. I started Yoga at the wellness center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment